This page has moved to a new address.

The guts are spilling out of my blog!! Old and new posts.

blockquote { font-style:normal; padding:0 32px; line-height:1.6; margin:0 0 .6em 0; } p {margin:0;padding:0}; abbr, acronym { cursor:help; font-style:normal; } code {font:12px monospace;white-space:normal;color:#666;} hr {display:none;} img {border:0;} /* Link styles */ a:link {color:#473624;text-decoration:underline;} a:visited {color:#716E6C;text-decoration:underline;} a:hover {color:#956839;text-decoration:underline;} a:active {color:#956839;} /* Layout ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #wrap { background-color:#473624; border-left:1px solid #332A24; border-right:1px solid #332A24; width:700px; margin:0 auto; padding:8px; text-align:center; } #main-top { width:700px; height:49px; background:#FFF3DB url("http://www.blogblog.com/scribe/bg_paper_top.jpg") no-repeat top left; margin:0;padding:0; display:block; } #main-bot { width:700px; height:81px; background:#FFF3DB url("http://www.blogblog.com/scribe/bg_paper_bot.jpg") no-repeat top left; margin:0; padding:0; display:block; } #main-content { width:700px; background:#FFF3DB url("http://www.blogblog.com/scribe/bg_paper_mid.jpg") repeat-y; margin:0; text-align:left; display:block; } } @media handheld { #wrap { width:90%; } #main-top { width:100%; background:#FFF3DB; } #main-bot { width:100%; background:#FFF3DB; } #main-content { width:100%; background:#FFF3DB; } } #inner-wrap { padding:0 50px; } #blog-header { margin-bottom:12px; } #blog-header h1 { margin:0; padding:0 0 6px 0; font-family:italic; font-size:225%; font-weight:normal; color:#612E00; } #blog-header h1 a:link { text-decoration:none; } #blog-header h1 a:visited { text-decoration:none; } #blog-header h1 a:hover { border:0; text-decoration:none; } #blog-header p { margin:0; padding:0; font-family:italic; font-size:94%; line-height:1.5em; } div.clearer { clear:left; line-height:0; height:10px; margin-bottom:12px; _margin-top:-4px; /* IE Windows target */ background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/scribe/divider.gif") no-repeat bottom left; } @media all { #main { width:430px; float:right; padding:8px 0; margin:0; } #sidebar { width:150px; float:left; padding:8px 0; margin:0; } } @media handheld { #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } #footer { clear:both; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/scribe/divider.gif") no-repeat top left; padding-top:10px; _padding-top:6px; /* IE Windows target */ } #footer p { margin:0; padding:0; font-family:italic; font-size:94%; line-height:1.5em; } /* Typography :: Main entry ----------------------------------------------- */ h2.date-header { font-weight:normal; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0; padding:0; font-family:italic; font-size:94%; line-height:1.5em; } .post { margin:8px 0 24px 0; line-height:1.5em; } h3.post-title { font-family:italic; font-weight:normal; font-size:200%; color:#8B0000; margin:0; padding:0; } .post-body p { margin:0 0 .6em 0; font-family: italic; font-size:150%; } .post-footer { color:#211104; font-size:74%; border-top:1px solid #BFB186; padding-top:6px; font-style:italic; } .post ul { margin:0; padding:0; font-family:italic; } .post li { font-family:italic; line-height:1.5em; list-style:none; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/scribe/list_icon.gif") no-repeat 0px .3em; vertical-align:top; padding: 0 0 .6em 17px; margin:0; } /* Typography :: Sidebar ----------------------------------------------- */ h2.sidebar-title { font-weight:normal; font-size:120%; margin:0; padding:0; color:#211104; font-family:italic; } h2.sidebar-title img { margin-bottom:-4px; } #sidebar ul { font-family:italic; font-size:86%; margin:6px 0 12px 0; padding:0; } #sidebar ul li { list-style: none; padding-bottom:6px; margin:0; } #sidebar p { font-family:italic; font-size:86%; margin:0 0 .6em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments {} #comments h4 { font-weight:normal; font-family:italic; font-size:120%; color:#29303B; margin:0; padding:0; } #comments-block { line-height:1.5em; font-family:italic; } .comment-poster { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/scribe/list_icon.gif") no-repeat 2px .35em; margin:.5em 0 0; padding:0 0 0 20px; font-weight:bold; font-family:italic; } .comment-body { margin:0; padding:0 0 0 20px; font-family:italic; } .comment-body p { font-size:100%; margin:0 0 .2em 0; font-family:italic; } .comment-timestamp { font-family:Verdana, sans-serif; color:#29303B; font-size:74%; margin:0 0 10px; padding:0 0 .75em 20px; } .comment-timestamp a:link { color:#473624; text-decoration:underline; } .comment-timestamp a:visited { color:#716E6C; text-decoration:underline; } .comment-timestamp a:hover { color:#956839; text-decoration:underline; } .comment-timestamp a:active { color:#956839; text-decoration:none; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin-top:12px; padding-top:12px; height:auto; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/scribe/divider.gif") no-repeat top left; } .profile-datablock { margin:0 0 4px 0; } .profile-data { display:inline; margin:0; padding:0 8px 0 0; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; font-size:90%; color:#211104; } .profile-img {display:inline;} .profile-img img { float:left; margin:0 8px 0 0; border:1px solid #A2907D; padding:2px; } .profile-textblock { font-family:Verdana, sans-serif;font-size:86%;margin:0;padding:0; } .profile-link { margin-top:5px; font-family:Verdana,sans-serif; font-size:86%; } /* Post photos ----------------------------------------------- */ img.post-photo { border:1px solid #A2907D; padding:4px; }

1 January 2012

The guts are spilling out of my blog!! Old and new posts.

So far, I've re-labelled (tagged) about 150 of the 464 posts in my blog. This is to fit in with my new blog design, where posts will be divided into

:- Projects and put in a Table of Contents in the new Header,
:- serious research posts (being re-labelled with the Some_Writings tag - they are tagged with all sorts of names at the moment and impossible to find)
:- the Document Of the Day posts - interesting tidbits about embroidery, which are being retagged with "Cup_Of_Coffee".
:- and a few other new tags.

But this necessitates re-publishing some of my posts to change their titles as well as their tags. I've noticed that all sorts of posts are appearing under my 'latest entry' in the blogs of people that list my blog.

You can take this as an opportunity to read some old posts, or ignore them. Until the re-tagging is finished, I'll temporarily mark any new posts with "New Post" as part of the title.

I'm embroidering again! For the first time in 6 or 7 months, and it's just lovely. I'm working on a border for SilkLover's Gold and Silk Butterfly :-) :-) I still need to finish the body, but that's more complicated and I thought that I'd start off with some simpler work. I'll post about it in a couple of days, giving people time to read this post first, in case they have been wondering what on earth has been going on with my blog.

I also have two projects planned - Heart of the Thistle, and What the Snake Stole (formally called "The Bishop's Cope"). I'll talk about the design of both of these projects in upcoming posts. I worked on their designs in the last few months on my computer whilst sitting in bed.

Since I'm doing the Thistle Thread Casket Course starting in April, I plan to only start Heart of the Thistle, which is in simple tent stitch and rather small. I'll keep What the Snake Stole for later on.

I'm feeling stronger than I have in months, which is just wonderful. The doctors at the pain clinic have stopped playing around with my pain drugs, because I've gone into Bowel Motility Failure. (My intestines can no longer move food through themselves). It isn't painful, and I feel much better than I've felt since March, when the work with the Pain Clinic started. Fixing bowel problems always takes ages, so I'm (rather strangely) hoping that it will take ages to fix, before I have to go back to the Clinic, because changes in drugs always makes me really sick. It's been a rather radical "diet" with my guts not working  - I've lost over 30kg (66lb) and gotten my mid'20s body back, albeit with a tummy and breasts that are not quite the same as they used to be. (I'm about to turn 41).

Getting my hands on a needle and thread again ...... it's just like Christmas! ~grin~

7 Comments:

Anonymous Mary Martin said...

I am so glad you are feeling well enough to embroider - that is wonderful! I know how hard it is when you're feeling bad. I plan on spending some time reading your old posts tomorrow. And the weight loss is awesome, though what led to it is not. I'm really happy for you! And I absolutely cannot wait for the casket class to start :)

Mary

Sunday, January 01, 2012  
Blogger Kimberly Servello said...

I'm glad to read you're feeling better and stitching again!
Great News!

Sunday, January 01, 2012  
Anonymous Rachel said...

Good to hear you are embroidering again. I had noticed a few old posts reappearing, but I'm happy to read them again!

Monday, January 02, 2012  
Anonymous Laura said...

Yay for feeling better! I look forward to embroidery updates.

Tuesday, January 03, 2012  
Blogger Flora said...

I am glad to know that you are feeling better now, and how nice it will be to do a work that you love. I am eager to read your embroidery project updates.

Wednesday, January 04, 2012  
Blogger Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Love all that you are doing with your organizing your blog and I am thrilled that you are embroidering again!!! YAY!! My prayers are with you in your illness. blessings,Kathleen

Wednesday, January 04, 2012  
Blogger LKICT said...

I saw your post on the Spinster page and was intrigued, so had to visit your blog. I think I'm going to spend a lot of time going thru your notes. There is a lot of info here and I can't wait to learn! Sorry to hear of your health issues. All the best for your continued improvement! Linda

Wednesday, February 29, 2012  

Post a Comment

Thankyou for reading my blog. I love receiving comments!

<< Home